- Aquisense: Desktop ultraviolet (UV) disinfection of masks
- Motega: Developed a multi-day persistent sanitizer for surfaces and hands. Company has formulation specialists in pharmaceuticals, nutraceuticals, foods and chemicals.
- NanoGuard: Reactive gas (ozone) disinfection for food and other markets
- Windgo: Smart UV lighting
- University of Missouri: Biosensor for rapid pathogen detection
- InnovaPrep: Concentration device for pathogen detection
- Fluid Robotics: Automated sampling devices and wastewater-based epidemiology (WBE)
- Transcend H2O: Automatic site design for the portable, quickly deployable Rapid Modular Health System (RaMHS)
- Field2Base: Mobile data collection partner for COVOPERATE
- Translational Pulmonary & Immunology Research Center: Health partner for return-to-X assessments
- OneScreen: Infrared temperature scanner
Tracking & Tracing
- Ubudu: Small wearable for social distance compliance and contact tracing
- EB Systems: Indoor/On-Site tracking, contact tracing, and real-time alerting systems
Co-developing & Deploying Solutions to Fight COVID-19
Program participants are matched with Black & Veatch business leaders and teams with the expertise and resources to refine their COVID-19 solution and, ideally, find a place for it quickly in our portfolio of projects.
A Step Ahead in the Race Against COVID-19
Through the Biological Threat Reduction Program (BTRP), Black & Veatch has already been providing infectious disease surveillance and biological sample management to countries around the globe. The Electronic Integrated Disease Surveillance System (EIDSS) and Pathogen Asset Control System (PACS):
- In real-time collect, process and analyze information on infectious disease cases, including COVID-19;
- Integrate human and animal disease information into a single database for analysis;
- Manage biological samples collected from human and animal sources, and laboratory tests and results;
- Support quality decision making with regards to outbreak response measures.
As the EIDSS and PACS programs continue to expand (currently used in 22 countries), we are excited to leverage the expertise and value we bring to more countries across the globe to fight COVID-19.
“Black & Veatch helps us understand not only how to build technology for leaders in the construction industry, but also how to operationalize it.”
— Guarav Kikani, VP of Strategy, Operations & Finance, Built Robotics - IgniteX 2019 Cohort
Funding & Support
We are committing up to $500,000 in the form of grants and/or in-kind services to the overall accelerator program. We work with each of the selected companies to better understand their needs and determine the award amount appropriately. Additional funding may be available from our clients and partners. Equity investments may also be considered, but these are not a requirement for this year’s accelerator.