Deliver the Promise of Renewable Energy
Renewable energy is only as powerful as its ability to be interconnected with the grid. That's why utilities and private developers look to Black & Veatch for guidance. Backed by 70+ years of leadership in power delivery, we offer a complete solution, from up-front studies through Engineering, Procurement and Construction, for Renewable Integration projects.
Explore Our Renewables Integration Capabilities
- Modularized AIS solution to shorten onsite construction
- In-house protection and SCADA specialists
- Ability to self-perform procurement, design, and commissioning of SCADA
- Knowledgeable on interconnection of renewable plants with transmission stations
- Ability to effectively integrate both static and dynamic reactive power
- Extensive experience in transmission construction as an EPC Contractor
- Team of overhead and underground transmission specialists with access to leading industry tools
- Specialists in environmental services, routing, and land acquisition
- Dedicated transmission owner teams who learn, develop, and contribute to design standards
- Specialists who know and understand NERC regulations applicable to transmission stations
- Full ability to coordinate with renewable generation owners to implement communications to the satisfaction of the interconnect agreement
Building a Renewable Future, Today
Renewable Integration for Transmission Systems
A review of the process of interconnecting renewable generation to the transmission system, planning and execution considerations to meet interconnect requirements, anticipated transmission grid constraints with additional renewable generation and planning considerations as they pertain to renewable plant equipment.Watch Now
Block Island Wind
Black & Veatch provided engineering design and conceptual exploration services for the Block Island Transmission System and Block Island Wind Farm Project. The projects included a new 35 kV armored submarine power cable, approximately 22 miles, to serve as the electrical connection between five wind turbines off the coast of Block Island and the mainland Rhode Island.
Black & Veatch provided EPC, Cx services for the new 60 x 2.5 MW onshore wind facility. Scope included interconnecting transmission line to the new Ameren Hornsby Substation.
Manatee/Babcock Ranch/Citrus Solar Energy Centers
Black & Veatch provided EPC services for overhead transmission and outdoor substations for three new utility-scale solar facilities for Florida Power & Light Company (FPL).