Black & Veatch plays an important role in the development of some of the most sophisticated defense facilities and weapons systems in the world.
We support programs for U.S. Department of Defense agencies, among them the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, the U.S. Missile Defense Agency and the Defense Threat Reduction Agency.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Radar facilities.
- Power and cooling systems.
- Chemical detection.
- Physical and electronic security systems.
- Anti-terrorism and force protection.
- SCIF design.
- Secure communication systems.
- Blast mitigation and hardening.
- EMP and TEMPEST shielding.
- Seismic condition design.
Black & Veatch military construction (MILCON) projects are marked by cost and schedule precision and superior safety performance. That’s how we’ve earned our ranking among the nation’s top design-build contractors.
Our MILCON facility experience includes:
- Headquarters facilities and data centers.
- Company operations and tactical equipment maintenance facilities.
- Aircraft hangars.
- Military housing, chapels and medical facilities.
- Educational facilities and training centers.
- Maritime facilities and border security infrastructure.
- Command, control communications, computers and intelligence (C4I) facilities.
To help make the world a safer place, our work focuses on counter-proliferation, nonproliferation and active reduction of weapons of mass destruction stockpiles. We collaborate with recipient nations on cost-effective local delivery of services at low risk. We minimize the use of expatriate professionals and instead prioritize in-country talent and leadership for sustainable program support into the future.
Threat reduction program highlights include:
- Nuclear weapons tracking and control.
- Infectious disease surveillance and tracking.
- Prevention of pathogen theft, sale, diversion or release.
- Human and veterinary biological threat reduction capabilities and public health system.