The environmental focus coming from shareholders, regulators and the greater public is pushing businesses and utilities to reduce carbon emissions and become more “green”.
Companies can achieve the nexus of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and superior financial performance by adopting smart technology and innovative resource management practices. These efforts will provide significant long-term return on investment while strengthening their social license to operate.
Black & Veatch recognizes that every company has unique sustainability goals and objectives. Successfully navigating the path to program execution requires proven expertise and an innovative culture. We work with clients around the world to help move their sustainability efforts from concept through execution.
Our experience in energy, water, advanced communications infrastructure and Internet of Things (IoT) technology provides the foundation for our sustainable solutions. Our team of experts works with companies to convert their sustainability goals into real solutions, while delivering on CSR targets and financial goals.
We have design, engineering, construction and consulting expertise in a myriad of areas:
- Sustainability Program Management: Program consulting and design, energy assessments, master planning, carbon foot reduction, net-zero operations.
- Renewable Energy Integration: Solar, microgrid, energy storage, distributed energy resources, wind, bioenergy, geothermal, hydropower.
- Alternative Water Resources: Water reuse and recycling, desalination, nutrient recovery, biogas.
- Smart Integrated Infrastructure: Monitoring and diagnostics through ASSET360 data analytics platform.
- Alternative Fleet Fuel Infrastructure: Hydrogen fuel cell, electric.
- Design and Construction: LEED certified planning and design; EPC/Design-Build delivery.
Practicing and Testing Sustainable Solutions
By installing and managing our own microgrid in our World Headquarters, Black & Veatch professionals are able to evaluate the latest energy technologies and resources as part of its ongoing operation. This means the company’s energy experts can more effectively serve clients who plan to install these advanced systems. As an added benefit, Black & Veatch is reducing its energy costs while providing its engineers with hands-on experience with these innovative technologies.