Black & Veatch provides integrated due diligence, conceptual master planning, design and construction support for data centers and mission-critical facilities worldwide.
For decades, clients intending to develop greenfield facilities have partnered with BV due to our indisputable expertise in the power, water, telecom / fiber and data center industries. We have the capability, scalability and resources to help clients select sites that will meet future capacity requirements. Black & Veatch can also execute concurrent task orders in multiple countries using our vast global resource pool and preferred subconsultants.
Black & Veatch has long-term relationships and experience with utility providers in almost all major markets worldwide. We’ve performed a variety of site due diligence services across the world including sites in the United States, Australia, India and South America.
With a partner who specializes in designing and deploying critical infrastructure, you know you’ll have the right information in-hand to move forward.
Black & Veatch’s expertise and reach extends across the world, so we have the local market knowledge to guide you throughout the development process.
Developing a new site takes a wide and deep understanding of a variety of infrastructure due diligence elements. Black & Veatch has this expertise in-house for an efficient and seamless process.
Conceptual Master Plan & Preliminary Engineering
- Phase I Environmental Assessment
- Onsite Assessment of Existing Conditions / Structures
- Site Suitability Analysis
- Land Surveys and Title Review
- Topographic and Boundary Survey
- Geotechnical Review
- Water Infrastructure Assessment
- Site Grading / Drainage / Flood Risk Review
- Risk Evaluation of Adjacent Properties
- Noise & Vibration Assessment
- Site Access
Environmental & Cultural Reviews/Phase II Environmental Investigation
- Geotechnical Investigation / Subsurface Soil Borings
- Groundwater Monitoring Well Installation, Sampling, and Analysis
- Wetland and Regulated Water Impacts / Mitigations
- Natural Resources Investigation
- Impacts to Threatened or Endangered Species
- Archaeological/Cultural Site Evaluation
- Development of Environmental Impact Statement
Fiber Due Diligence
- Review of Available Fiber Lines – Including Planned Projects – within Defined Area
- Assessment of Additional Right-of-Way Paths
- Approvals, Permits, and Agreements Required for Fiber to Site
- Development of Base Telecommunications Maps
- Geospatial Network Profile Map that Includes Fiber path maps (metro & long-haul), Internet Exchange Points (Peering), Data Centers and Carrier Hotels, etc.
- Potential Ingress/Egress Design to Site
- Latency Characteristics Profile
Power Due Diligence
- Existing Utility Capacity Assessment & Master Planning, Including Spare Capacity Availability
- Grid Connection Options and Analysis for Intended Design
- Time Frame for Utility Delivery by Multiple Sources
- Transmission System Capacities, Redundancy, Voltage, Frequency, and Reliability
- Electromagnetic Field Studies
- EMP Hardening
- Utility connection negotiation
- Renewable energy feasibility studies
- Solar and wind yield analysis
- Energy storage feasibility
- Business Case Development
Water/Wastewater Due Diligence
- Evaluation of Average and Peak Water Use and Estimated Discharge for Day One and Full Build
- Identification of Multiple Water Sources for Water Service to the Site
- Water Supply / Capacity Assessment
- Firewater Flow Review
- Water Quality Data Review
- Alternative Water Sources to Meet Required Demands, Including Recycling (Onsite or Offsite), Groundwater, Brackish, Rainwater, etc.
- Approvals, Permits, and Agreements Required for Water Service