We help our clients establish a comprehensive compliance strategy and integrate environmental objectives into their business operations. We address environmental and risk management issues and help achieve maximum operating flexibility. For every air quality control project, we create solutions that:
- Meet or exceed environmental requirements across multiple regulatory scenarios.
- Provide a customized design for each specific facility, plant configuration and business condition.
- Consider the plant’s full operating performance.
- Maximize return on investment.
Our approach is to work with clients to consider regulatory drivers, operating conditions and plant configuration. We also factor in fuel supply, site footprint, and fleet or generation mix for the best control options. We deliver solutions that fit project financing. We return valued assets back to service as quickly as possible.
Our wide range of environmental services include:
- Multi-pollutant compliance planning studies.
- Preliminary engineering for environmental retrofit planning.
- NOx (nitrogen oxide) control, from neural networks to selective catalytic reduction (SCR) systems.
- SO2 (sulfur dioxide), particulate, mercury and HAPS control.
- CO2 capture and sequestration.
Black & Veatch has extensive experience with all phases of air quality control projects. This includes program planning, permitting, engineering, procurement, execution and startup. Whether clients need assistance with one specific phase or an entire project or program, we can help.
Columbia Energy Center Air Quality Control System Retrofit
Pardeeville, WI - U.S.A.
In 2011, Black & Veatch was chosen to complete the Air Quality Control System Retrofit Project on both units at the 1,023-megawatt Columbia Energy Center. Black & Veatch used proven technologies in the retrofit project at Columbia Energy Center. The result is a significant reduction in emissions of mercury, sulfur dioxide and particulate. This is helping Alliant Energy and co-owners not only meet emissions standards today but decades into the future.