Utilities, communities, and energy consumers are actively investigating microgrids as a solution for reaching sustainability, resiliency, and cost-certainty objectives. Microgrids support greater levels of intermittent renewable resource integration, and enhance energy security for mission-critical facilities and operations.
Tour our WHQ Microgrid
An award-winning microgrid installation at our headquarters building in Overland Park, Kansas, allows us to actively manage a “living laboratory” where we test, develop, optimize, innovate, and track this efficient and reliable system.
Black & Veatch provides planning, design and construction services for microgrids of all sizes and needs, including:
- Off-grid rural electrification and energy management.
- Community and/or campus-level projects that provide resilient, sustainable and cost-effective power supply.
- Island systems that boost economic development by reducing dependence on imported fuel and energy and/or replace aging assets.
- Non-transmission alternatives that negate the need for specific transmission upgrades.
- Smart Cities and communities.