Appointment of business director Jerin Raj will help to advance the region’s renewable energy integration, grid reliability targets
As the need for integrated power generation, transmission and distribution solutions grows across Asia, Black & Veatch has further strengthened its power transmission and distribution team with the appointment of Jerin Raj as its Asia Power Transmission & Distribution Business Director.
“With the share of renewable energy in Southeast Asia’s power generation mix increasing, the region will need more integrated power solutions to improve grid efficiencies and resilience. One critical step will be to expand its transmission and distribution networks. Jerin’s deep knowledge of the regional power transmission sector will further enable Black & Veatch to help clients achieve profitability, reliability and compliance targets through cost and schedule certainty,” said Narsingh Chaudhary, Black & Veatch's Executive Vice President & Managing Director, Asia Power Business.
According to Black & Veatch’s Strategic Directions: Electric Industry Asia 2021 Report, the most significant investments in new capacity over the next three to five years is expected in renewable energy. Solar (land), energy storage, solar (floating), wind (offshore) and microgrids represent the top five categories.
Regional energy industry leaders caution that underinvestment in more reliable transmission networks is one of the key threats to reliable grid operations and performance across Asian electricity markets.
Raj has over 17 years of global experience in project delivery, business development, sales, proposals, contracting, operations, change management and project management primarily in the power transmission sector. In his previous roles, he organized and ran operations in Southeast Asia and helped to deliver power transmission infrastructure across the East Asia Pacific region. Raj is based in Bangkok.
A market leader in power transmission and distribution infrastructure, Black & Veatch offers a full range of new and operating asset services from consulting, engineering, to full Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) in areas including substations, overhead and underground transmission lines, renewables integration, high voltage direct current transmission (HVDC) and flexible alternating current transmission system (FACTS).
Click here to download a supporting image.
- Black & Veatch has been engaged in transmission and substation work since the 1940s. In 2019 alone, the company completed more than 1,900 substation and 500 transmission projects globally. The company’s full EPC experience in Asia for Gas Insulated Substations (GIS) is supported by architectural, civil and structural and full transmission capabilities.
- Black & Veatch was part of a consortium that built a 500 kV GIS, 230 kV GIS, and 115 kV new substation at Chachoengsao 2 for the Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand near Bangkok.
- In Singapore, the company provided conceptual and detailed engineering for the 230/66 kV GIS substation in the Singapore National Environment Agency’s Integrated Waste Management Facility.
- Black & Veatch is the exclusive design consultant of Breakthrough Overhead Line Design®’s (BOLD) innovative transmission line technology in Asia. The company provides BOLD® consultancy services to clients in India, Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, and Vietnam.
- Black & Veatch’s experience includes lattice-steel, tubular steel, concrete and wood structures with all possible configurations. The company provides engineering and design in urban and rural areas with voltages ranging from 66kV to 765kV. Its interconnection and collector substation project experience includes a wide variety of bus configurations and voltage levels through 765kV.
About Black & Veatch
Black & Veatch is an employee-owned global engineering, procurement, consulting and construction company with a more than 100-year track record of innovation in sustainable infrastructure. Since 1915, we have helped our clients improve the lives of people around the world by addressing the resilience and reliability of our most important infrastructure assets. Our revenues in 2020 exceeded US$3.0 billion. Follow us on www.bv.com and on social media.
Media Contact Information:
EMILY CHIA | +65 6335 6623 P | +65 9875 8907 M | Chialp@bv.com
24-HOUR MEDIA HOTLINE | +1 866-496-914