How to Contact Us
If you would like to contact us in relation to this Policy (e.g. questions about how we process Your personal data, request this Policy in another format such as audio, large print, braille), please contact us at the details below:
BV Data Protection Office
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Address – 11401 Lamar Avenue, Overland Park, KS 66211, USA
BV may change this Policy from time to time at BV’s sole discretion. Accordingly, BV encourages you to review this Policy periodically. BV shall post an announcement on the Website of any changes to this Policy. The most current version of this Policy shall be linked on the home page of the Website.
This policy was last reviewed and updated effective 17 April 2023
2. INFORMATION COLLECTION, USAGE, AND DISCLOSURE.
BV collects and processes certain information that may personally identify You ("Personal Data").
2.1. Collection of Personal Data
BV collects and processes the following Personal Data:
(a) Personal Data You give BV. This is information about You that You give BV by filling in forms on the Website or by corresponding with BV by phone, e-mail, or otherwise. The information You give BV may include Your name, address, e-mail address, user name and password, phone number, Company Name, Job Title/Function, location, and details of any comments or feedback You provide to BV.
BV processes Personal Data provided by individuals making job applications to BV. This includes name, phone number, email address, education, references, correspondence with You and interview notes during the application procedure, and other data in relation to Your application.
Please note that when You submit a question via our email submission form or submit Your resume for consideration for employment, this information is kept confidential and only disclosed to those who may be able to help answer Your question or consider You for employment. We do not disclose Your Personal Data to other companies who intend to sell their products or services to You. For example, we will not sell Your name or email address to a direct-marketing company.
(b) Personal Data BV collects about You.
(i) technical information, including the Internet protocol (“IP”) address used to connect Your computer or mobile device to the Internet, MAC addresses, traffic data, location data, Your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and cookies
(ii) details of Your visits to the Website and Your preferences and habits when using the Website; BV will use this information to create a profile of You to enhance Your customer experience with BV
(iii) information about Your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (“URL”) clickstream to, through, and from the Website (including date and time), Your conduct via the Website, and (where relevant) details of the fulfillment of any of Your orders, and any other site activity, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call BV.
This Website uses Google Analytics to track website activity and visitor behavior. If You want to opt-out of being tracked by Google Analytics, you may use the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on. Google Analytics also collects data about visits to the website via the DoubleClick cookie and Floodlight tags. This information is being used to provide demographic and interest data about visitors to the website and to target online display advertisements on third-party websites. Using Google’s Ads Settings, visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads.
While we track this information about the technology you are using, we do not identify who You are.
2.2. Usage of Personal Data
(a) Personal Data You give BV. BV will use this information:
- to deal with Your enquires and requests;
- to establish and maintain Your registration information;
- to notify You about changes to any of BV's services;
- to provide You and/or Your business with requested support; and
- to ensure that content from the Website is presented most effectively for You and Your computer.
(b) Personal Data BV collects about You. BV will use this information:
- to administer the Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the Website to ensure that content is presented most effectively for You and Your computer
- to allow You to participate in interactive features of the Website when You choose to do so;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of marketing to You and others, and to deliver relevant marketing communications about BV services and offerings to You where permitted; and/or
- to make suggestions and recommendations to You and other users of the Website or BV's services about goods or services that may interest You or them.
2.3. Using Your information in accordance with Data Protection Laws.
BV relies on the following lawful bases to process Your Personal Data:
- Legitimate interests: BV is permitted to process Your Personal Data if it is based on our “legitimate interests” i.e. BV has good, sensible, practical reasons for processing Your Personal Data which is in BV’s interests. It is in BV’s legitimate interests to process the Personal Data that You provide to BV as part of Your registration and on contact/feedback forms and to process the Personal Data that BV collects from You when You use the Website. It is in BV's legitimate interests as a business to process the above information to provide You with information and updates in relation to BV's services and ongoing projects, to administer the Website, to ensure that content from the Website is presented to You effectively and securely, to improve and optimize the Website and to run promotional features. Furthermore, BV will need to process Your Personal Data if BV has entered into a contract with the company that You work for.
BV may also share Personal Data in connection with the (actual or potential) sale, purchase, merger, reorganization, liquidation, or dissolution of BV or part of BV.
BV processes Your Personal Data for recruitment purposes which are necessary to manage and grow our workforce.
We have considered the impact on Your interests and rights and have placed appropriate safeguards to ensure that the intrusion on Your privacy is reduced as much as possible.
You can object to the processing we carry out on the grounds of legitimate interests. Please refer to the section headed “YOUR RIGHTS” to find out how.
- Contract: Assuming that You are a sole trader, if You successfully register with BV as a trusted supplier or sub-contractor, BV may enter into a contract with You for the provision of goods and/or services. For BV to fulfill its obligations under such a contract, BV will need to collect and process Your Personal Data.
- Legal Obligation: BV is subject to legal obligations to process Your Personal Data to ensure BV is complying with applicable regulatory rules and to make mandatory disclosures to government bodies and law enforcement agencies.
- Consent: At times BV relies on consent to send marketing. More information about BV’s marketing is provided in the section headed “Marketing”. Please note that You can opt-out at any time by following the instructions in the marketing communication (e.g. clicking “unsubscribe” in the marketing email) or contacting BV by using the information in the “How to Contact Us” section.
2.4. Retention of Your Information.
BV will retain Your Personal Data for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the information was collected. After that, BV will delete it.
The retention period may vary depending on the purposes for which the information was collected. Where a specific legal or regulatory requirement applies to Your Personal Data, BV will retain it for the period of time specified in such legal or regulatory requirement. In the absence of a specific legal or regulatory requirement, BV will retain Your information for 10 years following the event to which it relates (e.g. the specific project, inquiry, etc). BV may be required to extend the retention period if the information is required due to a complaint or because it is required for litigation. Please also note that BV is sometimes legally obliged to retain the information, for example, for tax and accounting purposes.
If You would like more information on the retention period of Your Personal Data please contact us using the information in the section headed “How to Contact Us”.
2.5. Disclosure of Your Information. BV will not share Your Personal Data with third parties, save as follows:
- with BV's business partners, product and services suppliers, and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or You or the company You work for;
- with BV’s parent, subsidiary, and sister companies for the purposes of marketing and only where You have provided Your consent, as described below; and
- with analytics and search engine providers that assist BV in the improvement and optimization of the Website and other selected third parties.
For more information about who we share Your personal data, please contact us using the details in the section “How to Contact Us”.
BV may also share Personal Data with law enforcement / regulatory authorities, other government officials, and/or BV's legal and professional advisors to (1) protect or defend the legal rights, property, safety, or security of BV or anyone else, (2) protect against fraud or for risk management purposes, (3) comply with a legal process, legal requirement, a judicial proceeding, or court order, (4) investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft, or (5) as required by law.
BV may also share Personal Data in connection with the (actual or potential) sale, purchase, merger, reorganization, liquidation, or dissolution of BV.
BV does not sell any customer or prospect data but may use such data for measurement or enhancement of customer experience in marketing or sales endeavors. BV does utilize partners in the analysis of web traffic and social media data, but those partners are held to the same standards as BV.
2.6. Security. BV takes reasonable precautions to protect Personal Data and has put in place certain processes and procedures to prevent unauthorized access to Personal Data. Unfortunately, there is always a potential risk in sending information through any channels, and BV cannot guarantee that communications between You and BV, including Personal Data, shall be free from unauthorized access by third parties. BV shall not be held responsible (i) for any unauthorized access or illegal or unauthorized use of information, including Personal Data, or (ii) if Your information, including Personal Data, is accessed through unauthorized or improper use of Your account or login information or due to Your failure to secure Your username, password, or customer ID.
2.7. Storage of Your information. The data that BV collects from You may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the UK and/ or the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the UK or the EEA (for example, in the United States), who work for BV or one of BV's suppliers.
When we send Your data to a destination outside the UK or EEA, we will make sure suitable safeguards are in place, in accordance with the UK/EU Data Protection Laws to protect the data. For example, the safeguards include:
- Sending the data to a country that has been given an adequate decision by the UK.
- Conducting a data transfer risk assessment and putting in place a contract with the recipient containing standard contractual clauses approved by the UK as an appropriate transfer mechanism.
More information on these safeguards can be found here: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection_en.
BV may use Personal Data (including Your email addresses, phone numbers, and unique Device numbers) to send You promotional materials relating to BV’s services that are similar to those that You have already purchased or enquired about. If You have not previously purchased or enquired about such services, BV will not send You promotional materials without first obtaining Your consent to do so.
If You want to stop receiving such promotional materials from BV, then You should follow the applicable unsubscribe or opt-out instructions.
BV’s affiliates or business partners may also use Your personal information to contact You about other goods and services, provided that You have given Your consent (if this is required).
You may withdraw Your consent or, where Your consent was not required, opt-out to the use of any of Your personal information for marketing purposes, at any time by contacting BV at email@example.com. You will also be given the opportunity in each marketing communication to opt-out of future marketing communications.
3. LINKS TO OTHER SITES
4. YOUR RIGHTS
You have certain rights in relation to Your Personal Data that is processed by BV under UK/EU Data Protection Laws. These rights are listed below. These rights are not absolute and apply subject to certain conditions, as set out in UK/EU Data Protection Laws. Your rights may include: • the right to access personal data held by BV about You;
- the right to require BV to rectify any inaccurate personal data held by BV about You;
- in certain circumstances, the right to require BV to erase personal data held by BV about You;
- in certain circumstances, the right to restrict BV's processing of personal data held by BV about You;
- in certain circumstances, a right to receive personal data which You have provided to BV in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format. You may also have the right to require BV to transfer this personal data to another organization, at Your request;
- the right to object to BV's processing of personal data held by BV about You (including to send marketing materials to You); and
- the right to withdraw Your consent, where BV is relying on Your consent to use Your personal data (for example, to provide You with marketing information about BV’s services and products).
To request account maintenance or changes or to update billing information, send Your email request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Otherwise, You can exercise the above rights by contacting BV using the details in the “How to Contact Us” section.
If You have any concerns regarding our processing of Your Personal Data or are not satisfied with our handling of any request made by You in relation to Your rights, please do contact us in the first instance at email@example.com. You also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office. Find out on their website how to report a concern at ico.org.uk/concerns.