Imagine a city that manages critical services—like transportation, water, and electricity—as connected, efficient networks. Envision a community where systems use real-time data to create an awareness of emerging situations and shift operating paths within seconds to reflect optimal response. Imagine a place that is livable, sustainable, and resilient. This is Black & Veatch’s idea of a connected community.
Black & Veatch helps communities design and build their infrastructure to efficiently interconnect and integrate with its physical assets, like kiosks, street lights, cameras, utility systems and other street furniture, and related apps. Our insight helps communities get the desired functions and expected value of smart technologies. These solutions help leaders expand connected services, enhance city system efficiency, and heighten quality of life for citizens.
Download the Digitally Connected Communities eBook here!
Integrated smart solutions include:
Smart/Safe City Roadmap
Smart City/IoT Infrastructure
Community Owned Broadband Networks
City Dedicated LTE/5G Networks
Advanced Transportation Solutions Including Vision Zero Strategies
Connected Healthcare and Education Campuses
In The News
- Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission Press Release
- VA Dark Fiber Press Release
- San Diego Inclusive Connected Communities
- Smart Community Moneyball
- Private Broadband Networks
- Connected Communities: The Digital Transformation of Infrastructure
- Six Experts Talk About the Pressing Need for Smart Cities
- Kansas City to St. Louis Hyperloop Project Kicks Off with Feasibility Study
- A smart city is a safe city