Overland Contracting Inc. (OCI), a Black & Veatch company, provides construction services in the open and merit shop markets. Since 1996, OCI has been an industry leader in building vital infrastructure by delivering no-surprise execution solutions. With the ability to draw upon the integrated capabilities of Black & Veatch, OCI promises safety, timely delivery, and cost control for infrastructure projects that span a diverse set of markets.
Commitment to Workplace Safety
OCI’s commitment to the safety of our employees and clients leads everything we do. Our deeply embedded safety culture emphasizes that nothing is so urgent that we cannot take the time to do it safely. We cultivate work environments where occupational health and safety are pre-planned into every task, one day at a time, with a mindset that every injury is preventable. Our incident rates are historically lower than national averages, demonstrating our commitment to sending every professional home safely, every single day.
As a full-service engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) contractor, OCI takes the guesswork out of project outcomes. We bring accountability, collaboration, project management, and innovative solutions to the industry’s most complex challenges. The following services are tailored to fit our clients’ project-specific needs and are available through direct hire or subcontract options:
- Cogeneration (combined heat and power)
- Advanced power generation (combined cycle and simple generation)
- Directional drilling for telecommunications and underground power distribution systems
- Drilled piers and foundations
- Environmental and right-of-way services
- Electric vehicle (EV) charging units
- Grid and facility modernization
- High-Voltage Direct Current (HVDC) systems
- Industrial facilities
- Levels 1, 2, 3 and 4 security fence and decorative wall installations systems
- Major air quality control retrofits
- Operations and maintenance
- Outage management
- Overhead and underground power transmission and distribution
- Power system feasibility studies and planning
- Renewable energy/green energy integration and Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS)
- Site development and access
- Solar panels installation and solar energy plants
- Solid-fuel boiler generation
- Substations (air and gas insulated)
- Telecommunications infrastructure
- Testing and commissioning of high-voltage transmission and distribution systems
- Water and wastewater treatment facilities
OCI offers several U.S. Department of Labor-approved industry careers programs in Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, Texas, and Utah with plans to expand our reach nationwide. Career advancement programs include electrical engineering, solar installation, construction craft labor and equipment operation. OCI’s apprenticeships are structured as two- and four-year programs, including 2,000 hours of on-the-job learning and 144 paid classroom hours. Email us at OCITraining@overlandcontracting.com to learn more.
OCI’s Quality and Innovation Excellence group is dedicated to exceeding client performance and quality expectations. Our quality assurance and quality control professionals proactively address planning, procurement strategy, and constructability to identify quality gaps, drive value, and deliver consistent results. OCI’s Quality Management System (QMS) complies with ISO-9001:2015.
OCI employs integrated planning, measurement, and forecasting practices on every project to meet clients’ goals. The processes and tools we use offer cost and schedule certainty, and we take a highly collaborative approach to include all key stakeholders. High client engagement facilitates transparency, efficient execution, and on-time/on-budget project delivery.
Advanced Work Packaging
OCI processes include extensive upfront planning to ensure successful project execution. Our design-build teams work concurrently using an advanced work packaging process to minimize construction delays and field re-work. Advanced work packaging is proactive approach that begins during the proposal process and continues throughout the entire project lifecycle.
OCI believes competitive strength is achieved through an inclusive and diverse group of people working together to find the best solutions. We identify, prequalify, and promote the use of diverse suppliers and subcontractors. Leveraging diverse businesses in our supply chain enhances the economic vitality of the communities where we live and work. We invite prospective suppliers to register using our portal below.
OCI is always looking for qualified construction professionals to join our high-performing team. Use the portal below to check out current job opportunities at OCI.