When speed is critical, Black & Veatch serves as your single point of contact from planning, construction, and operations (covering the full infrastructure lifecycle) for new design-build facilities or renovations to existing systems. Our solutions include stakeholder engagement, site preparation, engineering, construction management and administration, commissioning, and operational support.
As an integrated design-builder, Black & Veatch offers developers minimized risk, more flexibility, and better communication by serving as your single point of accountability from project conception to completion. This collaborative method also speeds up the development process, as both design and construction can happen concurrently.
Rather than navigating relationships and agreements with dozens (if not hundreds) of contractors, developers benefit from having a single trusted partner to manage all construction operations across their numerous sites. Black & Veatch simultaneously delivers entire project portfolios to save our clients time, money and headaches in ways that wouldn’t be possible if managed individually.
Black & Veatch’s preconstruction services ensure your requirements are communicated to all stakeholders from project launch to align expectations and mitigate risk. Our approach protects your project from cost overruns, scope creep, and schedule issues..
- Stakeholder engagement
- Site preparation
- Schematic design (SD) and basis of design (BOD) development
- Risk analysis and labor studies
- Insurance and tax assessments
- Environment, Safety, Health and Security (ESHS) review
- Responsibility matrix development
- Budgeting and cash flow management
- Constructability reviews
- Site logistic planning and permitting support
- Long lead equipment bidding and procurement
Our experienced in-house engineers provide trusted oversight and coordination to inspect contractors’ work. As an extension of our clients’ teams, we assure quality, budget, and schedule through diligent monitoring and reporting and facilitating communication between all parties.
- Quality assurance
- Bid coordination and management
- Bid selection
- Permitting support
- Compliance inspections
- Commissioning support
- Project documentation and closeout
We have experience commissioning complex facilities and systems for both new builds and live environments. We can install, test and commission equipment and technology upgrades, and verify and document how your facilities and systems meet defined performance objectives and criteria.
- Commissioning script development
- Design and submittal review
- Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT)
- Functional performance testing
- Integrated systems testing
- Testing and turnover to O&M personnel