With a mind for what’s possible, Black & Veatch works by your side to listen, understand and create the future-proof data centers that reflect the type of company you strive to be.
We’re diligent in our research and investigation of your IT system and data center infrastructure to gain a full understanding of the now and later. Whether hyperscale, enterprise or edge, we work with a range of data center clients, solving their complex challenges for data center consolidation, white space expansion, power and water system capability, and system reliability and operational efficiency. Using tools like Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) analysis and reliability studies, we deliver a thorough assessment and analysis of your infrastructure with operational and performance data. With this in-depth intelligence, we empower our clients to make the right choices about the future of their data centers.
Our services include:
- Stakeholder interviews to capture goals and initiatives
- Current infrastructure assessment
- Space, power and cooling capability and capacity planning
- System reliability and maintainability
- Identifying short- and long-term deficiencies
- Effect of owner identified IT growth on facility infrastructure
- Consideration and evaluation of best practices to improve operational procedures
- Evaluation of options and recommended solutions
- Prioritization and schedule of expenditures
Data Center Assessment Steps
When equipped with a clear understanding of a facility’s current state, and an evaluation of potential risks and improvement options, our clients have a roadmap to aid capital planning for current and future investments. This due diligence aides decision and migration planning, from building new facilities, consolidating equipment, upgrading existing infrastructure or moving to the cloud.
Understand stakeholder goals and objectives and the dependencies between current, future states and supporting infrastructure.
Assess & Audit
Assess space, power and cooling systems, capability and capacity, optimization and ability to support future needs.
Once solutions are deployed, establish operational and audit procedures to continue monitoring and measuring key performance metrics.