International standards achieved for quality, environmental and health and safety management
Black & Veatch India has been certified to three international standards. The company has attained ISO 9001-2015, ISO 14001-2015 and OHSAS 18001-2007 in the areas of project management, engineering, procurement, construction and construction management. This demonstrates world-class quality, environmental and health and safety management.
The certification is valid on projects executed from India offices of Black & Veatch - for both domestic and international clients - in support of all the company’s business lines: power, oil and gas, telecommunications and water.
“This certification is central to the company’s Global Growth initiative. It is a differentiator and shows clients that Black & Veatch India conforms to internationally recognised practices. This should help us further develop our business.”
Anand Pattani, Managing Director, Black & Veatch India
The success was determined through an independent audit of Black & Veatch Private Limited by DNV for all business processes, risk management, environmental, health and safety practices. Auditors visited offices in Pune, Vikhroli and Powai; as well as the liquefied natural gas receiving terminal project site for IOCL at Ennore, Chennai.
- The International Organization for Standardization’s ISO 9001-2015 defines the requirements for a quality management system.
- The International Organization for Standardization’s ISO 14001-2015 defines the requirements for an environmental management system that an organization can use to enhance its environmental performance.
- British Standard International’s OHSAS 18001-2007 defines the requirements for occupational health and safety management best practice.
- Certification required a detailed review of processes covering Black & Veatch India’s entire Quality Management environmental and safety systems including: Leadership, Planning Human Resources, Document Control, Operation (Communication, Project Management, Procurement, Changes, Construction Management, Nonconformances, etc.) , Performance Evaluation and Improvement.
- Black & Veatch is a global engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) company and has been serving communities in India for the last 90 years; undertaking energy oil & gas and power work water and sanitation projects and Telecom project services to make lives better in the region.
Media Contact Information:
MALCOLM HALLSWORTH | + 44 1737 856594 p | +44 7920 701764 m
HallsworthM@BV.com | 24-HOUR MEDIA HOTLINE | +1 866 496 914
About Black & Veatch
Black & Veatch is an employee-owned, global leader in building critical human infrastructure in Energy, Water, Telecommunications and Government Services. Since 1915, we have helped our clients improve the lives of people in over 100 countries through consulting, engineering, construction, operations and program management. Our revenues in 2018 were US$3.5 billion. Follow us on www.bv.com and in social media.