Black & Veatch consortium wins EPC contract for India’s first east coast LNG terminal
Mumbai, India (9 July) A Black & Veatch led consortium, with KSS Petron India, has won the contract for a new liquefied natural gas (LNG) receiving terminal at Ennore, in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. The contract was awarded by Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL), India’s national oil company.
Black & Veatch will lead the engineering, procurement, construction (EPC) and commissioning work on a turnkey basis, and the plant is scheduled to be completed by 2018.
“The Ennore LNG project is vital for gas supply and furthers our established brand as a proven tier-one global EPC provider,”
G. Sathiamoorthy, Managing Director of Black & Veatch India
IOCL’s Ennore terminal will be the first-of-its-kind on India’s east coast. With a send-out capacity of five million tonnes the regasification terminal paves the way for supply of LNG to high gas demand southern states, particularly Tamil Nadu and some parts of Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh. As a result the project is expected to aid further industrial growth in the region.
“We are immensely happy to be delivering this world-class LNG project for IOCL, and look forward to working closely with them and other clients in the region in the future. The win reinforces our position as a partner of choice for critical infrastructure projects in energy, water and telecom,” added Sathiamoorthy.
- A regasification terminal converts LNG from liquid back to gas so it can be supplied to customers such as power companies. India currently has four such terminals, all on the west coast.
- The Ennore EPC project entails designing and building a facility to regasify five million metric tonne per annum (MMTPA) of tanker-borne LNG imported by IOCL.
- Black & Veatch recently expanded its existing Mumbai office space to accommodate additional oil and gas engineers working on the company’s global projects; including multiple industry leading, ground-breaking floating LNG schemes.
- IOCL is India's flagship national oil company with business interests spanning the entire hydrocarbon value chain. It is the leading Indian corporate in the Fortune 'Global 500' listing, ranked 96th in 2014.
- KSS Petron Pvt Ltd is a Gurgoan based company providing construction solutions for the oil & gas, infrastructure and industrial sectors.
- Black & Veatch is a global engineering, procurement and construction company and has been serving communities in India for the last 90 years; undertaking energy oil & gas and power work and water and sanitation projects to make lives better in the region.
Media Contact Information:
MALCOLM HALLSWORTH | + 44 1737 856594 p | +44 7920 701764 m
HallsworthM@BV.com | 24-HOUR MEDIA HOTLINE | +1 866 496 914
About Black & Veatch
Black & Veatch is an employee-owned, global leader in building critical human infrastructure in Energy, Water, Telecommunications and Government Services. Since 1915, we have helped our clients improve the lives of people in over 100 countries through consulting, engineering, construction, operations and program management. Our revenues in 2018 were US$3.5 billion. Follow us on www.bv.com and in social media.