News & Events
Black & Veatch to support E.ON's Business and Community Solutions in the UK
Black & Veatch has been engaged by E.ON to provide technical and consultancy services in the United Kingdom that will support E.ON’s Business and Community Solutions Business to deliver reliable more efficient power solutions to its customers. The three-year agreement supports E.ON`s Business Heat and Power Solutions' biomass and combined heat and power (CHP) operations.
“This is a great opportunity to contribute to the generation of sustainable energy in the UK; and we look forward to using our skills and expertise to add value to E.ON's ongoing operations," said Peter Hughes, Director of Business Development (Europe).
The contract encompasses the provision of engineering, consultancy and asset management services in support of E.ON's operations and maintenance activities in the UK.
E.ON's Business Heat and Power Solutions have a number of industrial CHP and biomass power plants across the UK. As well as being asset owners, the company works in partnership with major organisations to operate and optimise their power generation assets.
- Black & Veatch has been involved in 200,000 MW+ (200 GW+) of power generation projects encompassing thermal, solar, tidal, wind, biomass, hydro and nuclear
- E.ON is one of the world's largest investor-owned power and gas companies. E.ON Business Heat and Power Solutions is part of the E.ON Business and Community Solutions group, offering energy solutions in the UK
- Ince Park Resource Recovery Centre, being delivered by Black & Veatch's MBV joint venture, will export 21.5 MW of clean, affordable power to UK customers
- Black & Veatch's UK marine energy team has delivered nearly 300 assignments ranging from policy development to technology design development
- Black & Veatch has supported communities in the UK since the 1950s; consulting on, delivering and managing power and water infrastructure