News & Events
Integrated Drone Solution Enhances Utility Asset Data
Black & Veatch and Aeryon Labs Partner to Provide End-To-End Aerial Asset Inspection Solution
Black & Veatch and Aeryon Labs announced today that they have launched an end-to-end asset management inspection solution leveraging drone technology for global energy clients. Aeryon’s commercial unmanned aerial system (UAS) hardware, software and services enable the capture of critical infrastructure condition data that is integrated by Black & Veatch into a utility’s existing enterprise asset management (EAM) systems. This streamlined solution speeds inspection times, reduces inspection costs and accelerates the integration of data into EAM systems.
Over the past year, Black & Veatch and Aeryon worked with utilities across North America to develop an efficient, comprehensive drone inspection solution addressing needs identified by the sector. Testing identified that utilities are particularly in need of a solution that rapidly delivers detailed condition reports by collecting, processing and analyzing high resolution photographic data that is then integrated with the utility’s existing EAM systems.
“Utility leaders want to move beyond reactive maintenance and need to acquire the condition and performance data necessary to improve overall operations and extend asset life. With our refined UAS inspection solution, clients can complete 20 or more tower inspections per person, per day - a 50 percent improvement in efficiency over current methods. Collaborating with Aeryon allows us to deliver these results consistently and at scale.”
David Price, Associate Vice President and Chief Technology Officer for Black & Veatch Management Consulting
Black & Veatch and Aeryon consolidate all critical workflow steps from initiation to report completion, providing secure, structured data to a client’s EAM system. This enables utilities to proactively identify risks while improving safety and lowering costs.
“For over a decade, Aeryon UAS have been inspecting critical infrastructure around the globe - even in hazardous conditions where traditional crews would be unable to work. We are thrilled to be working with Black & Veatch to bring the next generation of holistic drone-based inspection solutions to our global utility service providers and customers.”
Mark Davis, Vice President of Commercial Enterprise Solutions, Aeryon Labs
To schedule a personalized demonstration, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For more information about the Black & Veatch and Aeryon integrated solution, view the video: The Future of Integrated Drone Inspections for Utilities.
- Black & Veatch is a proven industry leader in applying drone technology. In 2015, the company was recognized on the InformationWeek Elite 100 list of innovative users of business technology for using drones to reduce risks and costs for equipment tower inspections. This application was also recognized as one of the 20 Great Ideas for 2015 by the publication’s editors.
- Aeryon Labs is a proven industry leader in developing advanced UAS hardware, software and services. The company was recently awarded Frost & Sullivan’s 2017 North American Unmanned Aerial Systems Technology Leadership Award.
- To learn more about how utilities are leveraging drone technology to reduce costs and improve staff utilization, read the white paper: Drone Technology: Utilities Demonstrate a Growing Interest.
- According to survey results from the 2017 Strategic Directions: Electric Industry Report, more than half of utility respondents revealed that there are significant gaps in their data or that risk is not yet being evaluated to determine the potential impact of asset failure.
About Aeryon Labs
Aeryon Labs Inc. is trusted by Military, Public Safety and Energy customers around the world for small Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) and support services that deliver life and resource saving, Actionable Aerial Intelligence solutions. Aeryon’s industrial-grade, field-proven UAS solutions set the standard for real-time, secure aerial intelligence across a wide range of applications, from executing tactical missions to investigating traffic incidents to inspecting critical infrastructure.