Key project wins also result in expanded company’s operations
Black & Veatch has named Anand Pattani as Managing Director for the company’s operations in India. Based in Mumbai, Pattani will lead efforts to provide energy, water and telecom solutions in one of the world’s fastest growing infrastructure markets.
Pattani brings to his new position a wealth of experience in critical human infrastructure. He served as the company’s Vice President and Region Director, Europe/Middle East/India/Africa (EMEIA), for Power Generation. Pattani has also acted as project director for infrastructure schemes in India, Europe, the Middle East, South Africa and the U.S.
“India is an integral part of our growth plans. Anand’s global expertise, knowledge of the company and proven background allow us to build on our strong momentum in India,” said Dean Oskvig, President of Black & Veatch’s energy business.
“We expect to have 1,500 professionals in India in the next five years. Anand will help us build on our capabilities and enhance Black & Veatch’s ability to meet the growing needs for critical human infrastructure.”
Dean Oskvig, President of Black & Veatch’s energy business
Pattani will lead the company as it seeks to support government initiatives such as the restoration of holy rivers through improved wastewater and storm water infrastructure; the commitment to 24 x 7 energy access for every citizen; and the Smart Cities Mission by applying Black & Veatch’s smart integrated infrastructure expertise. His experience includes key roles on numerous projects in India, including the Samalkot 2,500 MW combined cycle power plant; and the 4,000 MW Sasan, Mundra and Tiroda coal-fired projects.
Indian Oil Corporation recently selected Black & Veatch to lead a consortium, with KSS Petron India, to execute an engineering, procurement, construction (EPC) and commissioning contract for a new liquefied natural gas receiving terminal in Ennore, India.
During the last 18 months Black & Veatch has added nearly 200 professionals in India; to work across the company’s energy, telecom and water portfolio. Today Black & Veatch employs 591 professionals in Mumbai, Pune and New Delhi.
- Pattani has been with Black & Veatch since 1998 and has project experience in more than 10 countries. He is a project director for combined cycle, cogeneration and independent power producer plants in Egypt, Oman, Saudi Arabia, the Russian Federation, India and Turkey.
- Prior to his new role, Pattani had increasing responsibility as a project director, project manager, proposal manager, senior project engineer, consultant, and design and field engineer.
- He earned a bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering from the University of Mumbai, Department of Chemical Technology (UDCT) and a master's degree in Chemical Engineering from the University of Missouri-Columbia in the U.S.
- Pattani succeeds G. “Satya” Sathiamoorthy.
- A high-resolution photo of Pattani can be found here.
Media Contact Information:
MALCOLM HALLSWORTH | + 44 1737 856594 P | +44 7920 701764 M
HallsworthM@bv.com |24-HOUR MEDIA HOTLINE | +1 866-496-9149
About Black & Veatch
Black & Veatch is an employee-owned, global leader in building critical human infrastructure in Energy, Water, Telecommunications and Government Services. Since 1915, we have helped our clients improve the lives of people in over 100 countries through consulting, engineering, construction, operations and program management. Our revenues in 2018 were US$3.5 billion. Follow us on www.bv.com and in social media.