Large enterprises can embrace sustainability and reap financial benefits. Improving a company’s “green” credentials provides a competitive advantage by boosting the value of its brand in the eyes of the consumer while helping to cut costs and reduce its carbon footprint.
Black & Veatch is well placed to help enterprises make these vital decisions, to negotiate regulatory requirements, and to implement programs that are aligned to their sustainability goals. We seek to understand enterprises’ needs in order to establish the best solutions.
The challenge for global businesses is determining how to accomplish this in a cost-effective manner. From a financial perspective, sustainable practices allow enterprises to:
- Lock in their energy spend via fixed-cost renewable resources.
- Greatly reduce water usage through reuse and recycling.
- Reduce the mitigation of environmental liabilities by lowering the greenhouse gas profile.
- Clear the path for operational efficiencies.
It is imperative to choose the right partner when implementing sustainable solutions in your enterprise. There are some characteristics enterprises should focus on when searching for the right partner.
- A focus on safety.
- Global footprint and ability to scale.
- Financially strong and stable.
- Proven expertise and leadership in power, water and communications markets.
- Provider of skilled technical professionals in policy and program/project management.
- Engineering, procurement, construction and consulting capabilities.
Demonstrating a true commitment by adopting renewable energy or water reuse provides a platform for building a strong brand identity around sustainability – which is vitally important to millions of customers worldwide.