Integrate Smart Solutions for Safe, Sustainable, Citizen-centric Spaces.
The digital economy is growing, and cities want digital tech solutions that connect people, places, and things for greater livability, safety, and sustainability. Across urban and rural spaces and everywhere in between, Black & Veatch brings together communication networks, the IoT application layer, and data analytics to connect community elements and create smart functions.
Black & Veatch ranks #3 in Telecom in ENR's 2020 Top 500 Design Firms
As the line between physical and digital reality disappears, smart hardware and software help cities leverage their existing assets and provide seamless connectivity across critical systems. Planning, operation, and visibility work in unison when systems operate together, which means communities maximize management efficiencies and take advantage of synergies.
Working with city leaders, transportation entities, their constituents, and industry trailblazers and more, Black & Veatch plans, designs, and implements constructs scalable, integrated solutions across smart city, public safety, and community broadband markets. With innovative connected solutions, leaders expand connected services, enhance city system efficiency, heighten quality of life, and meet the needs of future generations.
Download the Digitally Connected Communities eBook here!
Integrated Smart Solutions
Smart/Safe City Roadmap
Smart City/IoT Infrastructure
Community Owned Broadband Networks
City Dedicated LTE/5G Networks
Advanced Transportation Solutions Including Vision Zero Strategies
Connected Healthcare and Education Campuses
Project Highlight: Smart, Connected Roadways
Like many agencies, the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission (PTC) wanted to innovate. But, their existing microwave network had limited capacity, and couldn’t support the value- added safety and mobility applications that PTC required. PTC launched an advanced fiber optic network project to boost connectivity between their administrative buildings, as well as support All-Electronic Tolling (AET) and Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) for improved safety and mobility. With the bandwidth provided by the fiber optic network, PTC will be able to install automated tolling to support future autonomous vehicle traffic on the turnpike.
In The News
- Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission Press Release
- VA Dark Fiber Press Release
- San Diego Inclusive Connected Communities
- Smart Community Moneyball
- Private Broadband Networks
- Connected Communities: The Digital Transformation of Infrastructure
- Six Experts Talk About the Pressing Need for Smart Cities
- Kansas City to St. Louis Hyperloop Project Kicks Off with Feasibility Study
- A smart city is a safe city
- IWCE 2020
- CityLaunch 2020 Conference
- TechAdvantage 2020
- Meeting of the Minds Annual Summit
- VERGE 2019
- The P3 Conference | March 02-04 | Sheraton Hotel, Dallas, TX
- CityAge San Jose | June 25 | San Jose, CA
- ISE Expo | August 18-20 | Denver, CO
- Smart Cities Connect | Nov 16-19| Baltimore, MD
- Fiber Connect 2020 | Dec 14-16 | Gaylord Opryland Resort, Nashville, TN